GFA BOV Gozo Football League Division II
Kercem Ajax Stadium

Qala S : 2 (M. Mumford 45+1’, 88’)

O. Xuereb, F. Mumford, G. Sillato, J. Buttigieg, S. Sillato, C. Caruana (B. Sammut), J. Mifsud, M. Mumford, N. Modibo, M. Cefai, J. Attard.

Munxar F : 4 (J. Parnis 3’, 50’; M.M. Uzor 55’, 72’)

L. Gatt, N. Attard, C. Bugeja (F. Azzopardi), M. Debrincat, B. Meilak, S. Muscat, O. Curmi, J. Parnis (K. Mizzi), M.M. Uzor, J. Grima (R. Sammut), P. Said.

Munxar Falcons consolidated their ambition to win the promotion this season by adding three more points from a 4-2 win over Qala Saints.  Munxar managed to obtain the victory by dominating the match during the second period as Qala were in contention for a positive result throughout the first half.  Munxar had an excellent start but the Maroons recovered well and levelled the score with a goal that arrived on the stroke of half time.  Munxar however regained the lead with two goals scored during the opening stages of the second half and administered play for the rest of the encounter.

The Falcons opened the score in the third minute of play through a direct free kick by Jordi Parnis that surprised goalie Omar Xuereb.  Munxar were again dangerous on 16 minutes but Qala’s goalie managed to block an effort by Jordi Parnis who entered the area with a personal action.  As time passed by Qala shared play with their opponents in the midfield and the actions at goal were rare.  On 36 minutes Munxar’s Jordi Parnis released Michael Matthias Uzor but the latter concluded badly from a good position.  Qala levelled the score in the first minute of stoppage time before half time through a free kick by Michael Mumford that took a deflection by defender Mark Debrincat and the ball ended out of the reach of the goalkeeper.

After the break Munxar took control of play and on 48 minutes they went very close to scoring when Michael Matthias Uzor entered the area with a personal action but his low shot was stopped by the base of the post.  The Falcons however doubled the score two minutes later through Jordi Parnis who concluded in goal with a low shot directly from a free kick.  On 55 minutes Munxar increased their lead through a fine header by Michael Matthias Uzor following a free kick by Samuel Muscat.  On 61 minutes Munxar could have added another goal when Qala;s defence cleared badly the ball from the goalmouth and the ball arrived the an unmarked Jordi Parnis who saw his shot from an ideal position ending over the crossbar.  In another good action by Munxar on 65 minutes a strike by Paul Said was blocked by Qala’s goalie Omar Xuereb and the defence cleared the danger.  Munxar scored their fourth goal on 72 minutes when Michael Matthias Uzor produced a personal action and as he entered the area he netted with a low drive with the ball hitting the base of the post before ending in goal.  The same striker went again close to scoring on 87 minutes but in this occasion his effort was saved to a corner by goalie Omar Xuereb.  Qala scored their second goal one minute later through a header from close distance by Michael Mumford following a free kick by Joseph Attard.  In the second minute of stoppage time the two sides ended with a player less on the field as Qala had Gabriel Sillato sent off for dissent while Munxar’s Samuel Muscat was sent off for protests.

Referee: Kurt Saliba