GFA BOV Gozo Football League Division I
Gozo Stadium

SK Victoria W : 5 (A. Ige 60’, 61’; I. Xuereb 74’, 90+2’; R. Grech 90’)

G. Ratto, N.J. Guerrero, A.G. Attard, J. Buhagiar (R. Grech), M. Vasiljevic, C. Sciortino, I. Xuereb, N. Vella, D.U. Monday, A.A. Ige, A. Adesina.

Nadur Y : 2 (S. Attard 35’, B. Said 56’)

M. Muscat, M. Hyzler (C. Abela), S.H. Muller, D. Farrugia (N. Stojanovic), C. Debono, S. Milskovic, Sh. Attard, B. Said (J.O. Borg), S. Cassar, Sa. Attard, D. Dos Santos.

SK Victoria Wanderers regained a three-point lead over the team at the bottom place on the table with three points obtained for a 5-2 win over Nadur Youngsters, and with this result Nadur mathematically dropped out of challenge for the title.  In this match Nadur held command of play for the first hour and opened a deserved two-goal led.  However, the Youngsters seemed overconfident and went into a black-out for as the Wanderers scored their first goal on the hour mark.  The final result of this encounter not only paved the way to Victoria Hotspurs to become mathematically champions this season but also re-opened the tussle against the relegation, as three trams are seeking to earn points to make sure of their division I status for the next season while the Wanderers and Oratory Youths are struggling to avoid the bottom place and the drop to the lower category.

Nadur created the first serious scoring opportunity on 7 minutes through a free kick by Sandro Muller that was blocked with some difficulty by goalie Giacomo Ratto and from the rebound Brandon Said’s attempt ended wide. On 21 minutes a shot by Nadur’s Shaun Attard missed the target and Nadur were again dangerous on 24 minutes through a first time by Stanimir Miloskovic following a cross by Christian Debono that ended just high.  The Wanderers continued to suffer Nadur’s supremacy and on 32 minutes they went very close to scoring but Stefan Cassar failed to connect an inviting cross by Stanimir Miloskovic.  Nadur however opened the score on 35 minutes through a low shot by Shaun Attard following a personal action.  One minute later an effort by Dewide Dos Santos was saved to a corner with some difficulty y Victoria’s keeper Giacomo Ratto and on 37 minutes the same goalkeeper was called to make a good save to turn to a corner a close ranged attempt by Brandon Said.

After the resumption Nadur continued to be the better side but on 52 minutes the Wanderers produced their first attempt towards Nadur’s goal through a strike by Ian Xuereb that missed the target.  On 56 minutes Victoria’s keeper Giacomo Ratto was well placed to block a close ranged shot by Brandon Said but from the defence cleared badly and in the following action Dewide Dos Santos crossed from the left flank towards the far post and Brandon Said headed in goal from close distance.  Nadur seemed in the driving seat but on the hour mark the Wanderers reduced the score when Abdullahi Ige entered Nadur’s territory with a personal action and placed in goal with a low shot.  The Citizens grew in confidence and one minute later they levelled the score when substitute Ryan Grech released Abdullahi Ige who fired in goal form an ideal position.  Nadur were shocked and the Wanderers increased their efforts in an attempt to turn the result in their favour.  On 72 minutes Abdullahi Ige released Ajibade Adesina but the latter had his attempt blocked by goalie Matthew Muscat.  The Wanderers took the lead on 74 minutes when Abdullahi Ige took the ball from the midfield and unmarked Ian Xuereb who netted with a fine shot form an angled position.  On 81 minutes Victoria’s Abdullahi Ige could have added another goal but his shot following a personal action ended wide.  On 87 minutes the Wanderers were again dangerous through a shot by Abdullahi Ige following a pass by Jesus Guerrero that missed the target.  Victoria scored their fourth goal on 90 minutes when a strike by Ajibade Adesina hit the crossbar and from the rebound Ryan Grech concluded in goal from close distance.  In the second minute of stoppage time the Wanderers sealed the victory when Abdullahi Ige released Ian Xuereb who entered the area and concluded easily into an open goal.

Referee: Jude Utulu