GFA BOV GFL Division II                                                                Kercem Ajax Stadium

Zebbug R       :           1          (C. Borg 69’)


  1. Saliba, P. Cardona (C. Farrugia), G. Portelli, P. Camilleri, C. Borg, J. Debrincat, J.C. Viera Peixoto, O. Calleja, C. Vella, E. Nkwocha, L. Pisani (D. Portelli).


Munxar F        :           3          (M. Mattias Uzor 15’ pen, O. Saliba, J. Parnis 59’)


  1. Xuereb, G. Muscat, P. Parnis, M. Debrincat, F. Azzopardi (R. Sammut), O. Saliba (K. Mizzi), J. Azzopardi, O. Curmi, A. Sacco, M. Mattias Uzor, J. Parnis.


Munxar Falcons extended their good moment of form by obtaining their third consecutive win in their first match from the fourth and final round of the campaign against Zebbug Rovers.  With this victory Munxar improved their position on the table at the expense of the same Zebbug.  Munxar’s win was well deserved as they produced more scoring opportunities.  Munxar opened the score with an early goal from a penalty and doubled the score with a goal that arrived during the opening stages of the second period.  Zebbug’s reaction for most of the encounter was sterile and they only managed to score a consolation goal midway through the second period. The Rovers also lost a couple of good scoring opportunities during the final stages, including a penalty kick, so that they failed to have a possibility to save the result.


Zebbug seemed in a better shape during the opening minutes but they did not manage to create good scoring opportunities.  Munxar managed to open the score on 15 minutes when the referee awarded a penalty for an intervention by Ejofor Nkwocha on Oliver Curmi and Michael Mattias Uzor converted from the spot kick.  Zebbug tried to produce a reaction but they continued to find it very difficult to conclude towards Munxar’s goal.  On 30 minutes the Falcons could have doubled the score but Jordi Parnis failed to connect to an inviting low cross by Michael Mattias Uzor.    One minute later the same Uzor came face to face with Zebbug’s goalie following a through pass by Oliver Saliba but goalie Baskal Saliba managed to save the danger to a corner.  On 32 minutes Munxar’s Oliver Curmi incredibly headed badly from close distance following a cross by Michael Mattias Uzor and on 41 minutes Zebbu’s goalie was well placed to save an effort by Jordi Parnis.


Munxar doubled the score on 51 minutes through a shot from inside the area by Oliver Saliba.  Three minutes later Zebbug’s goalie was called to make a difficult intervention to turn to a corner a free kick by Alex Sacco and on 59 minutes Munxar practically made sure of the victory by scoring the third goal through a shot form close distance by Jordi Parnis after receiving form Michael Mattias Uzor.  Munxar reduced their pressure over their opponents and on 69 minutes Zebbug scored their consolation goal when Chris Borg entered Munxar’s territory with a personal action and netted with a low shot as he was alone in the area.  On 83 minutes Munxar’s central defender Gabriel Muscat denied Zebbug from scoring a second goal when he cleared from the goalmouth a lob by Chris Borg addressed into an open goal.  On 85 minutes Zebbug were awarded a penalty when Christian Vella ended on the floor in the area following a challenge with an opponent but Ejofor Nkwocha has his shot from the spot kick that ended over the Munxar’s goal.  Zebbug’s Chris Borg had another opportunity to score a second goal for his side but his low shot ended wide


Referee: Ray Tabone